Healthy Heart Lifestyle
Do you think about heart health? Most people think that they will not be the ones that have an issue with heart disease. The hard thing is that you can feel amazing and lead a healthy lifestyle and still be at risk. In the U.S. is startling to know that 1 in every 4 deaths are caused by heart disease. Half the people who suffer heart attacks have no symptoms or previous warning sign. I may be fit, but heart disease runs in my family so I will always be at risk.
The marathoner Alberto Salazar, at the age of forty-eight, suffered a heart attack and lay dead for fourteen minutes before a stent opened up a blocked artery and saved his life. … These deaths are all the more shocking because the peak physical condition of the deceased would seem to protect them from heart disease.
This is serious, but there are some ways to take positive steps that help prevent trouble.
The big important one- As part of a healthy lifestyle, always be sure to get a yearly checkup with a physical and full bloodwork.
Healthy Heart Tips
1. Do not smoke. Do not use tobacco products. Avoid second-hand smoke
2. Know your family heart history
3. Practice dental hygiene. This includes daily flossing.
4. Eat healthily and watch your weight. Watch your portion sizes and manage your choices. (I can help you with this!)
5. Don’t sit for long stretches of time.
6. Have a goal of 30 minutes of exercise five times a week.
7. Control your stress level.
Your healthy heart habits are tips. Remember the big step is to get annual visits with a full workup done. Be sure that you get blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, BMI, and have them listen to your heart!