March 2nd! Can you believe it?!
Can you believe it’s March 2nd? This morning I realized it was already the second day of March! I feel like January and February have just flown by and our schedules are already so packed for March I have a feeling it’s going to fly by as well!
Although I feel on track in some aspects of my life, there are still so many things I want to get done:
- I need to stay on track with my nutrition (my biggest weakness) and I have to get better about meal prepping and cooking, not just for me, but for my family too.
- We are FINALLY fixing up the house, both indoors and out, trying to stay on budget as much as possible.
- Create a Family Budget – and stick to it (yikes!).
- Maximize our time together as a family (fewer electronics!)
- Focus on my fitness and coaching business
We lead such busy lives and it’s not easy, but we need to make an effort, and not use an excuse like “I don’t have time!”
1. Time has nothing to do with eating healthy, it’s about the choices we make.
2. We don’t need an hour at the gym. A solid 20-30 minute program is much more effective than walking for an hour on the treadmill. But we need to be consistent and do it 5-6 times a week.
3. We need to be intentional and determined.
I’ll be honest, I don’t find meal prepping fun. I don’t enjoy it. But I also know it doesn’t have to take hours. Making the right choices when eating out is not complicated. Anything fried is NOT going to be good for us! We know when we go to a Cuban restaurant and the steak is larger than the plate that we should probably take have half of to-go! Personally, I LOVE bacon, but I know it’s bad for me, especially with my family’s history of heart disease, so I eat it in moderation.
Our home: This feels like a daunting task. There is so much to do! But after a section of the ceiling came down, we knew it was a necessity and not just cosmetic. Baby steps, but we’re getting it done and, hopefully, it will be finished sooner rather later!
A family budget is another daunting task, but one I know we need to do. Putting everyone on a budget will be the hard part!
Finally, the Health & Fitness opportunity, which I joined almost five years ago. It’s not easy, some months are better than others, but I love helping people get healthy and giving them the opportunity to not only lead a better life, but to also join me in making an extra income by doing so. This is something I’m committed to. Plus, it helps me stay healthy too, so it’s a win-win for me! I make extra money to pay for small luxuries (like SoulCycle) while I stay fit. You know what they say: Small steps, over time = big results!
My Challenge Groups
This is where my Challenge Groups come in. Are you where you want to be? How often do you feel you don’t have the energy to do the things you want to do? Do you get breathless when you climb a flight of stairs? I invite you to join my next Challenge Group. You will be surprised at what you can accomplish in only 30 days! Is it going to be One Day or Day One? It’s your decision…