How much time do you spend at work? Maybe you have breakfast as you are running out the door, and I bet you spend more time on making sure your kids have lunches packed and you grab whatever is leftover. So, what happens during the midmorning and midafternoon when you feel like you are running on empty? Having some healthy snacks in your desk or office could be the key to surviving the day with good choices instead of quick sugar rushes and caffeine binge runs.
Get ready to stock up on some mid-day essentials. If your office has a refrigerator, use it, otherwise, get yourself an insulated lunch bag and use that! Having healthy options will limit the chance of indulging in something you might regret later!
Here’s a list of some healthy snack choices:
- Unsalted Nuts – Mixed nuts are great to have on hand.
- Fruit – Go your favorite fruits like bananas, apples, pears, and blueberries.
- Tuna Pouches – stores have great single size packs of tuna now for a quick protein snack.
- Hard-Boiled Eggs – Make these ahead of time for a quick snack!
- Single Servings of Cheese – You know those individual packs of cheese.
- Roasted Chickpeas – Click here for a great recipe!
- Homemade Granola – There are a lot of recipes so do it yourself at home.
- Whole-Grain Crackers – These are excellent to have around and can be eaten in moderation.
- Avocados – The “Good Fat” benefits you and can also be a great thing to spread on your crackers.
- Hummus – A great dip for the veggies or the crackers!
- Veggies – broccoli, celery, radishes, peppers, and cucumbers are good ideas.
- Peanut Butter – You can get individual packets and use this on crackers, fruit, or veggies.
Having healthy snacks on hand is much better for you than that vending machine or a quick drive to the convenience store. Plan ahead and next time you’re at the grocery store or ordering from Amazon, get some healthy snacks for the office too!