Meatless lentil tacos recipe seasoned with zesty tomatoes and spices for an easy “Taco Tuesday” weeknight meal.
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (10 oz each) Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry brown lentils, sorted, rinsed
- 12 taco shells, heated
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Combine water, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce and seasonings in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in lentils. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 35 minutes or until tender and liquid is absorbed. Serve with taco shells, lettuce and cheese.
288 calories, 36g Carbs, 14g protein