Southwest Quinoa Skillet
Quinoa, black beans, corn and zesty tomatoes come together to make this flavorful vegetarian southwest quinoa skillet.
- • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
• 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
• 1 cup white quinoa, uncooked
• 1 can (10 oz each) Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
• 1 cup water
• 1 can (15 oz each) Whole Black Beans, drained, rinsed
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1/2 large avocado, pitted, peeled, diced
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and corn; cook until onion is soft and corn is lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Stir in quinoa, undrained tomatoes, water, beans, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked through.
Stir in lime juice and serve with avocado and cilantro.
338 calories, 51g Carbs, 12g protein